Temporary PASS staff
These agencies have been mandated to assist UCT in sourcing temporary staff, see the procedure for sourcing temporary staff below.
UCT's preferred providers of temporary staff
(Click the provider's name in the table below to view company information)
|Affirmative Portfolios||Janine Kammies
(Khashiefa Abrahams on maternity leave until 03.01.2017)
|021 914 6244
074 200 3738
|View 2017 rates|
|Corporate Placements||Melanie van der Poll||021 424 8444
084 558 3890
|View 2017 rates|
|Quest staffing solutions||Whiesaal Gioio||021 914 4180||View 2017 rates|
|Teleresources||Natasha Bekker||021 418 0662||View 2015/16 rates|
|Tower Group||Samantha Prinsloo||021 405 2600||View 2017 rates|
- Check the payclass level of the post which needs to be filled on a temporary basis. Also check whether there are any additional tasks or whether there are any tasks which will not necessarily be done by the temp.
- Send the position description (taking into account the above) to the relevant agency, along with an indication of the duration, payclass level, budget constraints and any other information related to the assignment.
- Inform the agency of your selection process, i.e. your equity requirements, whether you would like to see a number of CV's and whether you will be interviewing candidates for the assignment.
- Once you have selected a temp, the agency will send you a quote, along with their terms and conditions.
- Rate confirmation (quote) will be signed by an agency manager and by the relevant UCT staff member confirming the quote.
- Provide the agency with your fund number and cost centre. Please do not place a purchase order as it may result in a duplicate and/or late payment.
Temps applying for posts at UCT
Please note that on commencement of an assignment, all temps will be advised by their agency that they are to apply for vacancies at UCT via the agency, and not directly. This will enable the department considering the application to make arrangements for budget to cover a conversion fee if necessary.
Should you require any further information on the above process, please contact your HR Practitioner.
Page last updated: 11 April 2017